Need some ideas for funny voicemail greetings? Our users have volunteered their best greetings that…
Stuck on What to Say? Try These Sample Voicemail Greetings
Your voicemail greeting is important; it’s the first contact people may have with you or your company.
But we’ve all faced it; when confronted with recording a greeting, we have absolutely no idea what to say. When we do figure it out, we forget halfway through the recording or mess up.
Your greeting should let the caller know who they have reached, what your status is (out of the office, in the office but in meetings, etc.), when the caller can expect to receive a call back, and instructions on what to do if the call is urgent. If you have set up a personal operator, you can direct your callers who need to speak to someone immediately, to “Press 0” to be connected to one of your assistants or colleagues.
Here are some sample voicemail greetings you can just read. They’re professional and easy to understand, which makes your job a lot easier.
Sample Voicemail Greetings – Business
- “Hello, and thank you for calling (company). Our office hours are (day) to (day), from (time) to (time). If you’ve reached this during our normal business hours, we’re taking another call. Please leave your name, number and a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for calling.”
- Hello, thank you for calling (company). Your call is very important for us. We’re currently on another line or away from the phone right now, so please leave your name, number and why you are calling, and someone will return your call immediately. Thank you for calling.
Sample Voicemail Greetings – Personal
- “This is (name) of (company). I’m currently unable to take your call. Please leave your name, phone number, and a brief message, and I will contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.”
- “Hello, you have reached the office of (name). I’m currently on another call and am unable to speak with you personally. If you will leave your name and telephone number, I will return your call. Thank you.”
- “Hello, this is (name). I will be out of the office from (date) to (date) and will not be checking my voicemail. If you need help in my absence, please contact (name2) at (phone number or extension). Thank you.”
Sample Virtual PBX Greetings
- “Thank you for calling ______. If you know the extension number of the person you are trying to reach, you may dial it now. Press 1 for _______. Press 2 for ___________. Press 3 for _________. Press 9 for a company directory, or press 0 for the operator.”
- “Hello, and thanks for calling ______. If you know the extension number of the person you are trying to reach, please dial it now. Para continuar en español, oprima el dos. For _____ press 1. For ________, press 2. For ________, press 3. For a company directory, press 9, or to repeat these options, press 0.”
Want a simple virtual phone system?
Try Ninja Number free – no credit card required – for 7 days!
Starting at just $9.95 a month!
LIFE IS CALLING. ALWAYS ANSWER.
Try Ninja Number free for 7 days. Instant activation – no contracts, and all features included!
We guarantee that Ninja Number will help grow your business. If you don’t believe Ninja Number can help grow your business and make more money, just cancel your service and that month’s payment is on us!!