You’ve heard talk about how you may need “more PR” or how something “would be…
How PR Can Increase Your Sales
Most people think of marketing and public relations as the same thing, or if not, very similar. But while there are some similarities, they serve two different purposes.
Muse.com explains the difference: Marketing is focused on promoting and selling a specific product, whereas PR is focused on maintaining a positive reputation for a company as a whole. Axia PR goes a bit further, noting that each discipline has different audiences. Marketers work to meet customers’ needs, while PR may address customers, employees, suppliers, investors and the media.
A few months ago, we showed you how to implement your own PR campaign. If that didn’t convince you to use public relations as a sales tool, here are five ways that PR can increase your sales:
- Credibility. Getting articles placed in reputable publications and blogs can go a long way toward gaining credibility in your industry. It’s also a way to get your brand out there – not just your logo, but your beliefs, core values and mission. Pitch stories to blogs and websites in your industry, or send a press release to them. Always follow up, though; media outlets get many press releases, and there’s no guarantee that they’ll see it.
- Visibility. The more placements you get in blogs and websites, the more people will see your business and remember it when they’re looking for your product or service.
Press releases aren’t the only way you can get visibility. Speaking at events, having a booth at trade shows, and sponsoring local organizations can all generate visibility. This is the true definition of public relations in action; your relationship with the public.
- Expertise. Publishing white papers, blog posts and case studies give you an opportunity to position yourself as an expert in your industry. This goes toward credibility and trust; people want proof that you are experienced and can solve the problems that they may have.
- Education. This goes toward expertise and credibility as well, but you may have to educate consumers, potential investors and the media why your business is important.It may be a new problem that you’re solving, or a problem that people don’t even know they have. Educating them is part of establishing that relationship with the public and letting them know why they should buy your product or service.
- SEO. Each mention of your company in a blog or website gives you a backlink, one of the most important contributors to a good Google ranking. Google sees backlinks as a sign that someone else finds your content interesting. Send out press releases to distribution companies; use social media to publicize your blog posts; and write guest posts for other blogs and websites.
Related Blog Articles
August 21, 2019
Gone are the days where customers see an ad for something, feel like they have to have it, and then go buy it. According to studies, between 80% to 97% of consumers check out a product or service online before buying. Two out of every three customers form an opinion about a local business after reading…
August 15, 2019
If you’re an entrepreneur, you have to wear lots of hats. Not only do you have to do the work that your business is designed to do, but you have to worry about taxes, business registration, answering phones, making copies – it all adds up. But you don’t have the money or convenience to hire…
July 31, 2019
We’ve been hard at work on the new version of the Ninja Number app. We’re now proud to release version 4.0. It’s available for download in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. The latest version allows you to link up to 4 additional phones to your Ninja Number so members of your team can answer the phone…
Starting at just $9.95 a month!
Try Ninja Number free for 7 days. Instant activation – no contracts, and all features included!
We guarantee that Ninja Number will help grow your business. If you don’t believe Ninja Number can help grow your business and make more money, just cancel your service and that month’s payment is on us!!